In the early NINETEENTH century the territory of today's complex of children's camps "Coastal" before 1832 belonged to Gustav Olizar.
In 1832, Prince Andrey Borisovich Golitsyn (brother of Tatiana B. Potemkina) bought from Alisara the Western part of uncultivated land is the modern territory of rivers, the Lenin memorial, the Central stadium, the complex "Leader" (former DPU).
In 1877 the Countess Tatiana Stroganova (widow of the eldest son of count Sergei Grigorievich Stroganov) bought the land from the son of V. D Kaznacheieu - Alexander Alexandrovich Kaznacheeva. Sergei G. Stroganov, count, philanthropist, founder of the free art school, the Stroganov school in Moscow, which now bears his name.
In 1888, the heirs of T. D. Stroganova sold land by Pervushina for vineyards.
In 1832, Konstantin Markovich Poltoratsky – the husband of the sister of T. B. Potemkina Sophia Borisovna acquires Gustav Olizar about 30 acres (1 desyatina is 1.09 m) raw land (the territory of the "Lake", "Field", "Forest" dining room "the Circle", a receiving housing and a drinking water fountain by the road).
In 1836 -1837 years K. M. Poltoratsky sold land to Alexander V. Asher (Manager of the estate "Oreanda"). Asher builds a house and plants a vineyard. After the death of A. V. Asher the owner of the estate was his son Sergei Alexandrovich .
In 1911 the heirs of S. A. Asher bought the estate of Olga Solovieva for the son of Mikhail Vladimirovich Berezin.
In 1917, the estate of M. V. Berezina purchased Nikolay Nikolayevich Beketov.
In 1921-1922, all movable and immovable property of the estates Pervushin and N. N. Beketov was transferred to the farm "Gurzuf". Since 1959, the farm land included in the territory of "Artek".
From the estates of the NINETEENTH century
The drinking water fountain
Built in 30–ies of the XIX century. The author of the project is unknown. The fountain in the Tatar style was built on the side of Cartwright road, which ran from Yurzuf to the estate of Artek and further. The fountain is made of hewn Sandstone. Fountain height 1.7 m, the front width of 5 meters. In 1973, the fountain was restored.
In 1958, the Secretariat of the Central Committee of the Komsomol adopted the General plan of construction and reconstruction of Artek in 1959 – 1965 years.
The development of the project entrusted to the staff of the Moscow project Institute № 5 of the state construction Committee of the RSFSR. The author of the project, the Director of the Institute Anatoly Trofimovich Polyansky together with a group of designers has developed the project of reconstruction of "Lower" camp and the construction of a new set of "Coastal" for 2000 seats.
The complex is situated on a hilly area between the rivers of Artek and Potamis. Before the construction of the camp the beauty of this virgin corner of the attached vineyards, ravines, gullies, hills, and large stones.
Photo 1966 Now in the "Coastal" there are more than 35 thousand trees and more than 50 buildings and structures.
If you look at it from a helicopter, you can see that the structures are "Coastal" are grouped in curved lines, resembling parentheses. Longline the location of the main buildings of the camp on the terrain gives the impression of sailing ships.
A set of "Coastal" consists of four camps with romantic names : "River", "lake", "Field", and "Forest".
Each case the "sea" has its name. In "the River" - the names of rivers: the Volga, Angara, etc.; "Lake" - lake Sevan, "Baikal"...; in the "Forest" - trees: "Maple", "Kalina", etc.; in the "Field" - colors: "Daisy", "cornflower", etc.