Engineer of railway (1880), collegiate councillor (1880), Counsellor (1883), the valid councillor of state (1884), entrepreneur (1886), knight of the order of St. Vladimir of IV degree.
After the assassination attempt in 1867 for Alexander II in Paris, by a Polish anarchist Berezovsky, Vladimir Ilyich asked the Emperor to rename his name. 29 Oct 1868 received the "highest resolution "instead of the name of Berezovsky is known as Berezin" and embraced Orthodoxy.
In 1896 he retired, settled with his wife Olga Mikhailovna Solovieva in Yalta at St. Botkin, 2. In 1897 purchased land in the tract Khazars and have shared their knowledge and skills to the construction of the resort "Suuk-su". Died 2 August 1990 in Paris after an unsuccessful operation. Olga Solovieva brought the ashes of her husband in the "Suuk-su" and buried in the family vault. Bequest, V. I. Berezin since 1901 have been paid the scholarship in his name to talented but needy students of the Institute of communications in St. Petersburg. The money came in the form of a 4% reserve capital of 8000 rubles.
Participated in the construction of bridges across the river:
- The Dnieper at Kiev (1868-1870);
- The Neva river in St. Petersburg (1871-1872), now the Foundry bridge:
- The Volga at Syzran (Samara region). (1875-1880), the Alexander bridge;
- The Dnieper river in Yekaterinoslav (Dnepropetrovsk) (1884-1886), (Ekaterinoslav bridge);
- The gums and Surozh on the line Bryansk-Gomel (1884-1886);
- White and Ufa on the line Ufa-Zlatoust;
- Tobol at Kurgan;
- Ishim at Petropavlovsk;
- The Irtysh at Omsk;
- The Ob at Novonikolaevsk (Novosibirsk) on the line from Chelyabinsk to Novonikolaevsk (1891-1896)
(The Western segment of the Great Siberian way).
Olga Solovyova (1865– 1935)
zhizdrinskogo the merchant's wife, the owner of the resort "Suuk-su"
Was born in Tula on 11 July 1865. Since 1886 the civil wife of V. I. Berezin. After her husband's death (1900) Solovyov completed the construction and opened the resort "Suuk-su". From 1900 to 1920 – the owner of the resort "Suuk-su".
During the Civil war (1920) Olga with her daughter Ksenia Vladimirovna and son-in-law Naum Yakovlevich emigrate from Yalta (November 1920) in Constantinople, and then to Berlin.
Germany became her second home. Foresight and "savvy merchant" was typical of Olga Mikhailovna; advance (1913) through the Chinese banks, it saves a lot of money of the former large state, allowing Solovieva and her family lead a decent lifestyle in Berlin.
"In September, 1931, Olga was placed in a Swiss sanatorium "La Meterin" for the mentally ill. March 24, 1935 Olga Solovyova died, buried in the cemetery in Nyon under the white marble slab with the Russian cross. In 1966, the forgotten grave of a down" - from the memoirs of G. N. Solovyov's "Crossing of fates".
Monuments and memorable places artists, art,
the science associated with their stay in the "Suuk-su" in the twentieth century.
The Central entrance to the territory
children's camp "azure"
Photo 1990, Gate and fence installed in 1898.
Project author: Vladimir Ilyich Berezin.
Cast-iron casements with wrought-iron gates of simple drawing and the fence was cast in the Urals and remain one of the most interesting examples of Russian iron casting. The ornamentation is typical of Russian late classicism.
Gate and fence of the resort "Suuk-su" was a complete architectural ensemble. During the great Patriotic war some of the details of the gate was lost. In the 70 years of the twentieth century the fence was dismantled and built a fence of hewn limestone. In February 2011, cast-iron casements with wrought-iron gates have changed.
The building consists on the state account. The decision of the Crimean regional Executive Committee from 20.02.1990. Photo 2011 Built in 1898. Project author: Vladimir Ilyich Berezin.
The building is constructed of shells, the base of hewn limestone. The length of the building is 11 meters, width 5 meters, height of 7.8 meters. In this building :
- from 1898 to 1920 he was commandant of the resort "Suuk-su";
- from 1923 to 1936 the commandant of the holiday Home of the CEC of the USSR "Suuk-su";
- from 1937 to 1941, the commandant of the camp "Suuk-su";
- from 1945 to 1960 housed the pharmacy
- from 1960 to 1970 was the police "Artek";
- from 1970 to the present time, live-in staff of "Artek".
The building for the staff of the resort "Suuk-su"
Until 1899 there was a stable. Built in 1901.
Project author: Vladimir Ilyich Berezin.
The first floor is built of hewn limestone, the second floor of a stone shell. The length of the building 20 meters, width 9 meters, height 12 meters.
In this house:
- from 1903 to 1918 on the 1st floor was the infirmary for the holiday - "Suuk-su", on the 2nd floor lived the staff of the resort "Suuk-su";
- from 1923 to 1936 he lived the staff of the rest House of the CEC of the USSR "Suuk-su";
- from 1936 to 1941 he lived the staff of the camp "Suuk-su";
- from 1944 to the present time, at the 1st floor live-in staff of "Artek", on 2nd floor- teachers-organizers of the children's camp "azure".
Built in 1899. Project author: Vladimir Ilyich Berezin.
The building is constructed of hewn limestone. The length of the building 30 meters, width 9 meters, height 11 meters.
In this house :
The house of the owners of the resort "Suuk-su"
(V. I. Berezin, O. M. Solovieva, and their daughter Xenia )
Photo 2011 Built in 1898. Project author: Vladimir Ilyich Berezin .
The house is built of hewn limestone. The length of the building is 21.5 m, width 12 meters and height 10 meters.
In this house :
- between 1900 and 1920 lived O. M. Solovyov and her daughter Ksenia (before marriage);
- in 1923 and 1936 he lived the managers of holiday homes of the CEC of the USSR "Suuk-su";
- from 1937 to 1941 lived the leaders of the "Artek";
- from 1944 to 1954 was a canteen camp "Suuk-su";
- since 1954 housed the training centre "Artek";
- in the 60-80-ies was the artistic-design workshop "Artek" and mugs toys and games;
- from 1989 to present – clinic "Artek".