Other historic buildings of the "Suuk-su"

Music Estrada resort "Suuk-su" (on the waterfront)

Photo 1953

Photo 2011


Built in 1903. Project author: Nikolay Petrovich Krasnov, Yalta architect. The stage is built of ashlar limestone. The size 6.35 mm x 6,60 m, height 1.7 m. A staircase of 10 steps with a width of 1.2 meters.


The bridge over the river "Suuk-su"

Photo 1905

Photo 2011


Constructed in 1898. Project author: Vladimir Ilyich Berezin. The length of the bridge is 18.5 meters, width 4 meters.

Ten sections of metal wrought iron fences were made in the Urals and represent an interesting example of Russian iron casting. The ornamentation is typical of Russian late classicism.

Four stone pedestals built of hewn limestone, the height of the pedestals of 1.05 meters. The bridge has a great architectural value, it must be saved.

The sculpture of the goddess Nike (waterfront)

Photo 1905

Photo 2011


Established in 1903. Project author: Nikolay Petrovich Krasnov, Yalta architect.

Nika in Greek mythology, the goddess of victory in battle and in sports, musical and other competitions. Portrayed a young woman with wings, a Laurel wreath in her hands.

The Romans it corresponds to the goddess Victoria. The sculpture of the goddess Nike was taken out of Nazi-Romanian invaders from the resort "Suuk-su" until 1944. Currently preserved on a pedestal, on which stood nick. The pedestal is made of hewn limestone. The pedestal height 6 meters, width of 2 x 2.5 meters.


Pumping station (beach)

Photo 1905

Photo 1975


Built by 1903. Project author: Vladimir Ilyich Berezin. The station was built in the medieval towers of hewn limestone. The height of the construction 6 meters, width 4.8 meters. The pump station was fed sea water in hydropathical compartment for receiving sea baths for holidaymakers in the resort "Suuk-su". Currently, the building is not functioning.


Stair ensemble from the Kurhaus resort "Suuk-su" to the sea


Photos of 1910 Opened on 1 August 1903.

Project author: Nikolay Petrovich Krasnov, Yalta architect.

Stair ensemble in the early twentieth century was the artistic work of landscape art.

The stair group has four terraces.

The Central staircase of 11 steps with a width of 2.4 meters.

Two flights of stairs with 10 steps of width 2.4 metres.



1910 photo on the Right was an artificial stalactite grotto. Inside the grotto was a large aquarium, covered it hidden among the stalactites light bulbs.

Above the grotto was converted into a music stage. Live music was heard from morning till late evening.

Chamber orchestra played the Italians, at pleasure, they sang Neapolitan songs.

In September 1927 because of a strong earthquake (8-9) grotto and music, the stage was partially destroyed.


Photo 1910

In 1941-1944 German-Romanian occupiers destroyed a stalactite grotto and musical stage.

Currently, this place has trees.

The upper tier of the stair ensemble ends 2 staircases for 4 stages with a width of 1.4 metres.

The upper part of the ladder ensemble (gable) is a height of 2.7 meters width – 10 meters. To the left was the flower stalls. Currently part of the required Park and garden design. The right and left of the Central stair of the March of transitions were two stone pylons: height of 3.7 meters, a width of 1.05 meters, the length of 4.25 meters.

Photo 1948 On the pylons lay bronze sphinxes.

Sphinx in Ancient Egypt, the statue fantastic creature (guardian spirit of Royal power) with the body of a lion and a human head (usually an image of the Pharaoh or sacred animal).

In the years of occupation "Artek" (1941-1944) by German-fascist invaders practiced shooting at the sculptures.

In 1948 mutilated sphinxes were removed from the pedestals and scrapped.