Rock Dzhenevez –Kai
The height of the cliff 70 meters above the sea level. Rock Dzhenevez – Kai - limestone ottorzhenets.
The formation of the rocks associated with the destruction of the plateau. Limestone cliffs formed by huge landslides and breakaways from the southern krutostenny breakages that occur during earthquakes.
First detached from the mountain limestone boulders lay at the foot of the plateau, and then the landslides moved lower and lower.
Some of them are now near the Main ridge of the cliffs, the other slid to the coast, such as rock Dzhenevez-Kai. Such large boulders, torn from its native occurrence, referred to as displaced arrays.
The medieval fortress VI – XV century
On pyramidal dzhenevez-Kaya-preserved ruins of a fortress VI – XV century.
In the VI century BC the southern and Eastern coast of the Crimea belonged to the Byzantine Empire, its Outpost in the Crimea was Chersonese. To protect its borders of the Byzantine Emperor Justinian I (483-565) during his reign, built the fortress of Aluston (Alushta) and gorzuvity (Gurzuf).
The oldest extant mention of the castle is found in the treatise "About buildings" the Byzantine historian Procopius of Caesarea (IV century). The ruins of the fortress described by P. S. Pallas between 1788 and 1794 years. Examined her in different years of P. I. Keppen and A. L. Berthier-delagard. Studied in detail the monument early in the second half of the twentieth century.
Archaeological excavations have shown that the fortress had a complex background: at this place a large Neolithic the Parking lot blocked, the Taurus settlement, which in the first centuries of our era was a burial ground. On top of the burial ground is formed and destroyed its Foundation the early (VI) buildings of the fortress. In the VIII century it was destroyed the Khazars. Restored in X – XIV centuries, and in the FOURTEENTH and FIFTEENTH centuries, rebuilt by the Genoese.
The domination of Genoa was limited and restrained the independent Orthodox Principality of Theodoro (Mangupsky), which maintained close ties with Moscow.
In 1475 the fortress was destroyed by the Ottoman Turks. To our days the fortress remains in ruins. The preserved remains of fortifications belong to the Genoese period. The total length of the walls, partially restored in the 1960-ies of the previous stone masonry reaches 40 meters, their thickness – from 3 to 4 meters, the greatest height above the rock base of the cliff Dzhenevez-Kai from 5 to 6 meters.
Survived the ruins of the donjon (the main defensive towers), which was in the form of a rectangle, and the remains of four trapezoidal battlements with narrow manhole - access and parapet over them.
Among the finds of fragments of medieval branded tiles, fragments of amphorae and pithoi, kresnyakova pottery, animal bones, kernel, slings and ballistae, iron leaf-shaped spearheads, arrows, etc. evident traces of the fires. Gorsovetskaja (Genoa) fortress - a monument of archeology of the middle ages.
Photo 2011 Memorial sign is a pillar of light grey concrete (height 1.5 m, width 0.30 m, thickness 0.14 m).
On the face of the pillar is metal, aluminum alloy, grey Board (height: 0.32 m, width 0.26 m), where the embossed text:
A memorial sign on a concrete base grey (the length is 0.46 m, width 0.44 m). At the rock Dzhenevez-Kai in the South-Western slope was the cottage "Genoese fortress" of the artist that in 1914 he sold Olga Mikhailovna Solovieva – owner of the resort "Suuk-su". After the nationalization in 1922 in the country "Genoese castle" was the headquarters of the first pioneer detachment of Gurzuf.
In 1975, at Saclay Genevez Kai was built hotel-hostel "Rock" project Anatoly Trofimovich Polyansky Moscow architect.
In the NINETEENTH century, early twentieth century the land of the current children's camp "Cypress" was empty. In the first half of the twentieth century, this area "...was called "Dead valley", "Crimea", the guide, 1914.
In the early twentieth century, the Prince Nikolay Nikolayevich Kavkasidze (1846-1910) acquired 1 tithe 636 yards of uncultivated land. He's building a house (cottage No. 1), lays the Park, planted a vineyard, set up on the beach.
After the death of N. N. Kavkasidze his heirs in 1913, sold the estate, which by that time consisted of a house, vineyards – 1416 yards, Park – 620 fathoms, the land in suburban areas and 1000 fathoms, Naumova Anna Konstantinovna, who owned the estate until 1919.
In 1913, Fyodor Ivanovich Maksimovich acquired 350 square yards of uncultivated land. Built a two-story house (now cottage No. 2), laid the Park. Owned the estate until 1919.
Dr. Gregory N. Nazarov in 1910 on the shore of the sea had land 3 tithes 642 square yards of uncultivated land to the South 1986 fathoms, Park – 1456 fathoms, of land in country location – 200 yards – the data from the "land book of the Yalta district Council village Gurzuf 1913". Nazarov built two-storey cottage "Balakas" (now Tupolev cottage), laid the Park. Owned the estate until 1916. (What happened to G. N. Naumov, why he sold the estate? This subject to explore).
June 1 1916 – 5 April 1917 the estate owned Guchkov Vera Petrovna, the wife of state Councilor. 5 APR 1917 – 1919 years – the owner of the estate Guchkov, Nikolai Ivanovich.